Caring for you, your heart and your veins
The human body is made up of a complex network of arteries, veins and capillaries, collectively known as the vascular (or circulatory) system. These vessels carry vital fluids and blood to organs, tissues and limbs. When something goes wrong, quick and skilled intervention is necessary.
The Brookwood Baptist Medical Center Heart Team provides comprehensive vascular services to diagnose and effectively treat a wide range of vascular disorders including:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Aortic dissection
- Carotid artery disease
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Diabetic foot
- Mesenteric ischemia
- Peripheral aneurysm
- Peripheral artery disease
- Renal artery disease
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm
- Varicose veins
- Venous insufficiency
Why Choose Endovascular & Vascular Services at Brookwood Baptist Medical Center?
- Experience and expertise: Our endovascular cardiologists have expertise and experience in diagnosing and treating common, complex, and rare vascular problems. This includes diagnosis and treatment of aneurysms, hardened or blocked arteries, blood clots, varicose veins, and compromised blood flow to the brain, intestines and kidneys.
- Multidisciplinary approach to care: Our endovascular cardiologists work in collaboration with other specialists trained in vascular medicine, vascular surgery, interventional radiology, radiology, neurology, and podiatry in order to provide surgical options to help patients achieve their treatment goals.
- Multiple Vein Centers: Our vein centers provide comprehensive and attentive vein care and treatment for spider and varicose veins, leg cramps, Restless Leg Syndrome, and leg swelling. We also offer free, private screenings where a specialist will examine your legs to determine if any treatment is needed. Learn more about Vein Care at Brookwood Baptist Medical Center.
- Wound Care: Chronic wounds often result from a circulatory problem and if not corrected, can quickly become a serious health threat. Our endovascular cardiologists collaborate with physicians who specialize in Wound Care to develop an individualized plan for each patient to begin the healing process. Learn more about Wound Care at Brookwood Baptist Medical Center.