Pastoral Care Around the Clock
The primary ministry of our hospital chaplains is to provide counseling and support to patients and family members throughout the pathways of illness, injury and recovery. Our chaplains serve in all five Brookwood Baptist Health hospitals. Chaplains make rounds and are on-call throughout the week for patients and families, offering spiritual support as needed. We recognize that our patients come from all walks of life and bring with them a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We carefully minister to each individual and are sensitive to the patient's beliefs.
Brookwood Baptist Health chaplains pray for and join in prayer with our patients, their families, and hospital staff. They provide regular worship opportunities in hospital chapels and provide special worship observances for patients who request them.
The spiritual caregivers of Brookwood Baptist Health are here to assist others in finding God's healing love, mercy and grace in the midst of sickness and suffering.
When to Call a Chaplain
- When seeking the comfort and strength of prayer
- When seeking encouragement through scripture and religious sacraments
- When facing questions about life and death
- When feeling distant from God
- When facing fear and anxiety
- When experiencing a loss of meaning and purpose
- When facing change or loss
- When an ethical dilemma arises
- When wanting to rejoice and give thanks
- When celebrating good news
- When questions or concerns about one's relationship with God arise
How to Contact a Chaplain
Within each of our hospitals, patients may reach a chaplain by calling the operator. Outside the hospital, please dial 205-877-1936 and ask for the chaplain on call.