Trust your care to our heart & lung specialists
A diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension, or high blood pressure in the lungs, is frightening. If left untreated, this chronic lung disorder and others like it can result in significant damage to your heart and lungs. Our cardiopulmonary program serves patients both young and old and is designed to provide essential standards of care to strengthen your heart, lungs and overall endurance and quality of life.
Frequently Ask Questions
What Services does the Cardiopulmonary Program offer?
- Cardiopulmonary Testing (ABG, PFT,EKG,EEG)
- Sleep Diagnostics
- Lung Disease Education
- Tobacco Cessation
- Pulmonary Rehab
- Respiratory Care Services
How Do I Benefit?
Our cardiopulmonary team works with you and your family to make your transition back to daily life as smooth as possible. Our program can help:
- Improve your stamina, strength and flexibility
- Weight loss and ability to control weight
- Improve your confidence, self-esteem, well-being and independence
- Lay the groundwork for the development of a healthier lifestyle
- Reduce your symptoms and chances of experiencing another cardiac event
- Develop breathing techniques and manage shortness of breath episodes
- Develop coping, and stress reduction skills, and relaxation techniques
How Do I Begin Receiving Cardiopulmonary Care?
Patients can begin their cardiopulmonary treatment through a physician’s referral.
Will My Insurance Cover The Costs?
The Brookwood Baptist Health Cardiopulmonary Program is covered by most private insurance plans and by Medicare, based on the diagnosis. Make sure to check with your carrier to determine co-pays or other requirements.
If you have a chronic lung or heart disease, you might need to speak to a member of our cardiopulmonary team. Search our physician directory for a provider at the location most convenient to you.